For our english speaking members, please find below all you need to know about the club.
AS MONACO Section Triathlon
Stade Louis II
7 Avenue des castelans
Serge Diez- Secrétaire Général : 06 16 70 05 54
Hervé Banti – Président : 06 63 44 13 39
Duty office, Stade Louis II, thursday 17h45 – 18h45
Who are we?
AS Monaco Triathlon is part of AS Monaco Générale, which includes many sports in the Principality of Monaco. There are sixteen sections within AS Monaco Générale, covering 22 sports in total and about 2,700 members. The Triathlon section was created in the Principality in 1986. It is governed by the statutes of AS Monaco Générale.
In 2009, a triathlon federation was created in order to allow participation in international competitions such as the Olympic Games (Hervé Banti participation in London 2012), short and long distance world championships and Ironman.
AS Monaco Triathlon is recognised by the French Triathlon Federation (FFTri) allowing athletes of this section to participate in competitions on French territory, with a license and insurance issued by this federation.
In 2015, AS Monaco Triathlon has 120 members, including 16 women, trained by Denis Watrin a BF4 qualified coach.
The pro team was created in 2013 and stood out in its first season, with Delphine Pelletier winning the title of French National Champion for Long Distance in Calvi, and a 3rd place for Nicolas Fernandez. A few days later, Delphine also reached the podium for her first Ironman distance with a 3rd place in Nice.
How to join?
Contact: Serge DIEZ – Club Secretary
06 16 70 05 54 –
– Signed Licence Application
– Medical certificate from the FFTri (NO OTHER FORMATS ACCEPTED)
– Licence and club membership fee payment:
- € 185 (an additional € 20 will be charged for any renewal after November 27, 2015) for Competition licences of Seniors and Veterans residing in Monaco or the Alpes-Maritimes
- € 300 for Seniors and Veterans residing outside Monaco or the Alpes-Maritimes (first year only)
– A photo ID
– Send an email to email@example.com to inform us of your licence application (this will allow you to receive information about the training sessions).
– Download the Application Form and submit it once completed and signed with the above documents.
Submit your application in one of the following ways:
– Bring it to the Thursday night duty office (Stade Louis II – 3rd floor) between 17:30-19:00
– Drop it in the ASM Triathlon mailbox (Stade Louis II)
– Send it by mail to ASM Triathlon 7 avenue des Castelans – MC 98000 MONACO
For any questions, please contact:
– Serge Diez (Secretary) 06.16.70.05.54 / firstname.lastname@example.org
– Hervé Banti (Chairman) 06.63.44.13.30 / email@example.com
For Club Transfers
– Follow the same procedure as for new members plus submit the transfer request form (available from www.fftri.com) filled in by you and the club you’re leaving.
– A € 20 check payable to “Ligue Côte d’Azur de Triathlon ”
With Denis WATRIN – BF4 qualified coach – Tel: 06 87 54 94 64
- Swimming: Tuesday and Friday from 7.30 am to 9:00 am at the Stade Louis II pool or the harbour pool in the summer.
- Running: Track session on Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Stade Louis II.
- Cycling: group rides on Saturday and Sunday morning.